April 28, 2008
Letter of Recommendation for J.P. Jay Associates, Inc.
The Dauphin County Library System is pleased to write a letter of recommendation for J.P Jay Associates, Inc., a vendor we have used for several building projects.
Mr. Jim Malise oversaw the company’s work with us, including
- An outstanding initial sales presentation of his company’s products and credentials. He provided visuals and detail beyond the presentations of competing vendors. He put a great deal of effort into informing our staff of shelving and furniture options.
- Low bid on shelving for the Northern Dauphin (2003) and Madeline Olewine (2006) branches of the Dauphin County Library System.
- High-quality shelving for the libraries meeting or surpassing rfp standards. Shelving plans and layouts were executed with attention to detail and double-checking of measurements and spaces. Several “unknowns” occurred on both jobs, i.e. unexpected items on walls, and they came up with workable solutions.
- Installation was performed by trained and accountable J.P. Jay employees instead of being out-sourced to unknown labor. The installation and follow-up went smoothly.
- Additional furniture and display units were purchased through J.P. Jay to our satisfaction.
We believe the company’s work to be of high standards and quality, with good, personal customer service from Mr. Malise and staff. We would recommend their services to other libraries.
Public Services Director